Thursday, December 31, 2009

The End of 2009. What have I learned, have I learned enough? Where will it lead me?

Well, this is the last day of 2009!  What have I learned, have I learned enough?  Where will it lead me?  I have learned that I need to continue to seek knowledge and wisdom.  I have learned that I am sometime lacking in both.  I have already made progress in obtaining more of both.  I have learned that not all money is good money.  Not all of your customers/clients will adequately value the services you render unto them.  So, I've learned to let them go!  I have learned that I have to invest my talents, time, and loyalty better.  I have begun the process of reallocating my investments.

I have learned the importance of being delivered from what people think, from trying to fit in, from going along to get along.  Not everyone that you call friend truly knows how to be one.  I know that we are all trees that should be bearing fruit.  I have learned that the fruit that we bare isn't for us.  The tree dose not eat it's own fruit.  The fruit is eaten by others and the seeds from the fruit that we should be baring should lead to new, younger trees that will also grow to bear fruit; not to just have good looking leaves, but to bear fruit.  I have learned that a tree's leaves are for the tree.  So what good is it for a tree to have glorious leaves and bare no fruit? No fruit, no seeds! http://www.wsbtv.com/video/22093451/

I have learned the the impossible is very probable with God and a Vision!  I have learned that I must focus less on the conditions around me and more on my goals.  When Peter was called out on the water by Jesus he was focused on only Jesus and he walked on water; something no one else had done before then or since then.  He was doing fine moving closer to his goal/vision, Jesus.  Then we took his eyes off of his goal and look at the circumstances around him, there was a storm going on!  As soon as he took his focus off of Jesus, his destination/goal, he began to sink.  But the bible tells me that all Jesus had to do to save Peter was to reach out his hand!  Peter was just that close to his destination before he was distracted by the circumstances he was in.

I have learned to not allow the storms in my life to remove my focus from my destination.  The root word of destination is destiny!  I have learned that only you can keep you from your destiny.  I have also learned that if God is where you are going then he will be there to reach out to you in the event that you become distracted and begin to sink!

I learned that a black man can be both President while being presidential.  I don't have to be what they want me to be.  I'll just work on being the best me that I can be.  I have learned to capture the beauty that I see as often as I can and not to worry about what other people have to say about it.  Even if they can only see a guy with a basketball and miss the beauty and expectation tat is frozen in that moment, I will continue to shoot it.  Even if they just see someone with no clothes and not the beauty in the lines and the passion that has been frozen in time, I will continue to shoot and capture that beauty.  My last photo shoots of the year were with Prisana, Mandisa, Jazzy, Brookwood Basketball, and tonight I will close out the year shooting for New Mercies christian Church, were Jesse Curney II is my Pastor.  What a way to end the year!

I have learned to strive the be the greatest of all times in whatever I do.  I have learned to love my family first!  Have I learned enough, no, never.  Where will it lead me?  It will lead me boldly into 2010 and my destiny.  I won't make excuses, I choose to make history!

Remain blessed!

No comments: