Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Grow or Go!

I am coming to understand that in order for me to grow, I need people around me what are want to grow also.  For the past year or so we have been shooting on a black set. Every now and then we would try to use a white set, but I didn't really care for the way it looked in the final images we produced.  I learned how to make the black background work for us.  I learned that in some cases, I would need to use a seperator flash behind the model to help better define their silhouette.  I needed to do that because a model with dark hair and/or clothing would blend right into the background.  In some cases this isn't a bad thing.  but in many cases it is.

So Carla did some research and found a tutorial that showed us how to create a great white set!  This is an example of going outside our comfort zone and growing our knowledge and skill-set.  We look for the same traits in the models that we work with.  We are looking to work with models that are hungry for greatness.  They want to be the absolute best they can be.  We are blessed that we have those kind of people working with us.

We have recently signed both Amber Lynn and Akeria Skye to bot modeling and management agreements.  They join Prisana Luke and Jasmine Lackey as fully committed Visions Models.  As professionals we must be committed to learning more and becoming stronger in our respective roles.  We don't have the time or inclination to invest in people that aren't driven to invest in themselves.  It's very simple, we must Grow or Go!  So far we all are growing!  We motivate each other.  That's a real good thing.

No comments: