Friday, March 12, 2010

Ms. Jasmine Lackey, The New-New!

I got a call last week from a new friend that I met while shooting a celebrity golf tournament, "The Lady and her Caddie." My friend (Harry Huley) asked me about the casting call we were holding. I told his that it was a casting call for an upcoming swim suit shoot. The models will modeling bikinis. We, my friend told me that his co-worker had a daughter that she was trying to get into modeling, but she didn't know how to get started. They had already gone the normal route where you go and are asked to pay big money!

So I said I would talk to this mom. The mom got on the phone (at work) and was totally hyped about her daughter and said that she was looking for a photographer to help her build a strong portfolio. I'm sure that we talk about my rate as a photographer. Angie (the mom) sent me photos of Jasmine (the model) and said that she was ready to get started working. I really wasn't expecting too much. I mean after all, every mother thinks that their baby is beautiful and it's true that we are all beautiful in God's eyes. Well in this case I was pleasantly surprised to see that this young lady was very attractive.

I spoke with Jasmine later that day. We talked about our visions and what where we are going in this business and it was at that point that I realized that this attractive model was also very intelligent. So we set a date for her first shoot. It happened to be on my birthday, March 5th. Jasmine came by with her mom and we said our hellos and went to work. Jasmine shot for about three hours and awesome!

She came back the next day and shoot for about another four hours. I wanted to see what kind of stamina she had. She was able to hang with no problems. Jasmine is a pure joy to work with. She is on her way to an extremely bright future! She is strong and full of personality. She has a lot to learn but she is well on her way. She has the complete support of her family. We work extremely well together. Look for new projects from Jasmine in the near future. She is the future and the now! Thank you to Harry Huley, one of the baddest DJs in Atlanta for taking time out of his schedule to send young phenom to us at BlackBox Visions!







No comments: